Sept 2012 – Dec 2017
Bachelor of the Arts in Digital Design
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
Joey Grable is an organized Visual Designer with 7+ experience in marketing collateral design, website design, and print production. He has exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills and is a dynamic team player with a passion for innovative branding design strategies and cohesive marketing campaigns. He demonstrated outstanding performance in deadline-driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements.
Joey Grable LLC
Sept 2013 – Current
Principal Visual Designer
- Successfully managed and coordinated graphic and website design projects; translated ambiguous criteria into concrete production designs for newsletters, promotional materials, and sales collateral.
- Worked closely with clients to create brand visions, define marketing goals, conceive designs, and consistently met deadlines and delivered within budget requirements.
Surface Art Inc.
April 2019 – Feb 2020
Product Designer and Marketing Associate
- Designed corporate campaigns and created product assets to increase B2B engagement by 12%; attained a corporate contract valued over $1M with conceptual merchandising product design.
- Overhauled navigation information architecture and designed product pages to optimize the user experience; maintained a product database containing 700+ product lines with over 5,500 SKUs.
- Automated the product photography production process; improved production design efficiency by 30%.
- Expanded user engagement through user-centered product designs and strategic marketing campaigns; resulted increase +41% Instagram, +75% Pinterest, +6% Facebook, +10.5% Twitter, and +25% LinkedIn
Seattle University Dance Marathon
Oct 2015 – May 2017
Graphic Design and Strategic Marketing Committee Chair
- Conceptualized design themes and produced strategic marketing campaigns to collectively fundraise over $250,000 for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital; awarded Best Overall Campaign in 2017.
- Aided the corporate partnership growth with Alaska Airlines, PEMCO Insurance, Seattle University Alumni Association through corporate collateral designs, and canvasing presentation design for volunteers.
- Increased user engagement for all social media platforms, achieving 20% growth on Facebook and Twitter, and
over 30% growth on Instagram; led website redesign improving monthly website traffic by 15%.
San Onofre Surf Company
July 2013 – Sept 2016
Digital Designer, Freelance
- Supported marketing efforts by creating conceptual graphics and photography for advertisements, banners, products, and special events.
- Coordinated a successful photoshoot for the Fall 2016 girls’ clothing line.
- Managed the online system for email, e-commerce sales, and product database management.
Associations & Volunteerism
2019 – current
ATypI: Association Typographique Internationale (Global Community)
2018 – current
TypeThursday, Seattle Chapter Volunteer & Member (Global Community)
2017 – current
Write on Calligraphers Guild, Guest Instructor (Shoreline, WA)
2017 – current
The Society for Calligraphy and Handwriting, Guest Instructor (Bellevue, WA)
Publications & Awards
Dec 2017 – April 2018
Hand-made book design exhibited domestically in Seattle WA and featured internationally at the Verona Civic Library, Verona, Italy.
“#DecadeofDM Marketing Campaign”
Won Best Overall Campaign award at the national Miracle Network Dance Marathon Leadership Conference.
“Seattle University Dance Marathon 2016 Brand Style Guide”
Selected feature for Miracle Network Dance Marathon’s Pacific Northwest regional newsletter.